QUEER CULTURAL CENTER
Founded in 1993, the Queer Cultural Center (QCC) promotes social justice and the artistic and financial development of Queer art and culture. QCC is a multiracial community-building organization that fosters the artistic, economic and cultural development of the San Francisco Bay Area LGBTQ+ communities. We implement our mission by operating programs that commission and present Queer and Trans artists, that promote the development of culturally diverse Queer and Trans arts organizations and that document significant Queer and Trans arts events taking place in the San Francisco Bay Area. By presenting, exhibiting, screening and documenting Queer and Trans artists’ work, QCC contributes to the development of multicultural perspectives on LGBTQ+ experiences.
The Queer Cultural Center is looking for a Communications Consultant, someone who is a wordsmith, has fluency in web and graphic design, loves social media and analytics equally, and holds a commitment to furthering radical queer artists and cultural change.
The Communications Consultant is responsible for leading external messaging and marketing campaigns for our year round arts programming leaning on QCC’s core mission to promote the artistic and financial development of Queer and Trans artists, art and culture. Additionally, the Communications Consultant is responsible for building critical outreach strategies in this changing world, managing and developing relationships with community partners, identifying opportunities for collaboration, and working to support the development and implementation of a strategic plan.
Ideal candidates are self-starters, can vision projects and implement them to completion, are able to work with a broad variety of artists, and have a high level of fluency with cloud based project management tools. You must be an impactful strategist with a passionate commitment to elevating the art of Queer and Trans individuals.
You must have a demonstrated commitment to racial and social justice, experience working in communities and organizations led by communities of color, and a strong awareness of power, privilege, and equity. You must have a demonstrated commitment to disrupting white supremacy, and Trans/Homophobia.
Skills, Duties & Responsibilities
● Responsible for the creation and management of QCC’s external brand through a variety of online platforms from websites to social media.
● Impeccable project management, communication, and writing skills
● Ability to vision, strategize, and implement from start to finish with the support of QCC’s team
● Experience developing and leading workshops, trainings, and curriculums that are artistic in nature combined with social, gender, and racial justice frameworks
● Strategic outreach to key venues, arts organizations, and community partners to boost the visibility and community brand of QCC
Marketing: Web, Video, Social Media
● Administer and develop WordPress site including image editing, organizing all project assets, intermediate to advanced knowledge of html and CSS, php and MySQL a plus
● Curate and manage content for social media focused on Facebook and Instagram
● Ensure that QCC’s voice and visual brand is strong across all external channels with a strong emphasis on incorporating WCAG AA best practices
● Maximize audience reach and growth and keep up to date on industry changes
● Actively engage with users, organizations, and news platforms to ensure QCC’s visibility and develop key online relationships
● Write, design, and publish e-newsletter ● Graphic designer for most web, social, and newsletter campaigns
● Video Editor and Manager: Edit and upload of short video clips for artists’ work samples
● Contract videographers as needed
● Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Lightroom, and Adobe Premiere
● Maintain an organized archive of all marcom collateral
Our Ideal candidate:
● Has a strong background in racial and cultural equity work, and LGBTQ justice
● A minimum of two years working as a Communications lead with a fluency of print and web production workflows and best practices
● Adept at researching new technology and strong training skills to develop staff skills
● Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills necessary for successful work with a diverse staff, board, and organizational partners
● Meticulous attention to detail and enduring dependability, as well as the ability to work in a highly flexible, collaborative, and remote work environment
The Communications Consultant position is a part-time remote contract approximately 15 hours a week, with a seasonal shift in areas of work. This position is overseen by the Executive Director. Total annual contract is approximately $40,000.
- Please email the following to email@example.com
● Cover letter highlighting your work and values around communication (no more than 2 pages)
● Candidates who move to the second round will be asked to present three work samples We ask for your patience in this process and will follow up directly with qualified candidates if we choose to move them forward.
No phone calls please.
Bay Area raised, people of color, and TGNC individuals are encouraged to apply. QCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, disabilities, gender expression, religion or citizenship status.
Applications are accepted until role is filled.