QUEER CULTURAL CENTER
Queer Cultural Center
Finance & Operations Manager Job Description
Founded in 1993, the Queer Cultural Center (QCC) promotes social justice and the artistic and financial development of Queer art and culture. QCC is a multiracial, community-building organization that fosters the artistic, economic and cultural development of the San Francisco Bay Area LGBTQ+ communities. We implement our mission by operating programs that commission and present Queer and Trans artists, that promote the development of culturally diverse Queer and Trans arts organizations and that document significant Queer and Trans arts events taking place in the San Francisco Bay Area. By presenting, exhibiting, and documenting Queer and Trans artists’ work, QCC contributes to the development of multicultural perspectives on LGBTQ+ experiences.
Part Time (24 hours per week)
The Finance and Operations Manager is supervised by the Executive Director and works closely with the Development Consultant, bookkeepers and the Board to lead and oversee multiple facets of a dynamic Bay Area arts organization.
QCC is one of seven Cultural Centers in San Francisco. Our staff works remotely. We seek an incredibly organized colleague with experience working with LGBTQ+ BIPOC communities.
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Commitment to cultural equity, ability to develop internal and external practices that reflect this commitment
- Strong experience working with communities of color, LGBTQ+ community, and arts organizations in the Bay Area
- Experience developing and monitoring a complex budget that includes engaging with multiple fiscally sponsored projects
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and ability to manage changing deadlines across multiple projects
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills in person and online
- Solid experience working with multiple technology platforms including Google Apps (docs, sheets, calendar), QuickBooks and more
- Ability to quickly research and adopt new technology, and lead staff onboarding/training to new technology
- Enthusiasm for creating organization-wide best practices and training
Finances and Admin
- Ensures proper tracking of all income and expenses
- Work with ED and bookkeepers to manage QCC finances and operating budget
- Oversees grant invoicing and tracking
- Supports grant reporting and compliance
- Support our fiscal sponsorship program with contracts, grant and donation tracking, disbursements, and communication with FSP’s
- Tracks and acknowledges individual donations
- Supports ED and bookkeepers with annual tax preparation and audit
- Works closely with bookkeeping to implement financial best practices
- The primary point of contact for general email, phone, and snail mail
- Support the workflow and contracts for QCC’s programs and partnerships
- Be an active member of QCC’s leadership circle
- Support onboarding processes and ongoing for existing and new staff
$40,000, .6 FTE benefited position with required attendance at virtual and in-person meetings, and at some events in the Bay Area. This is a salaried, non-exempt position.
Full coverage of medical and dental
Holiday, vacation, sick, and personal leave
Flexible schedule to support work/life balance
Submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references to email@example.com No phone calls please.
Applications are strongly encouraged from Bay Area raised people, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, People of Color), immigrants, women, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and genderqueer people, people living with HIV/AIDS, people with disabilities, and bilingual and bicultural people. QCC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, disabilities, gender expression, religion or citizenship status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.